This statement describes Wawasan Open University’s (WOU) personal data protection policy and sets out how the University will deal with your personal data.
HOW IS WOU COLLECTING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WOU collects the Personal Information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly as provided by you including but not limited to instances when such Personal Information is provided via phone, in application/contests/other related forms such as application form and enquiry form or agreements, or when submitting your personal details through WOU’s education consultant and/or online channels such as WOU’s website, Facebook account etc.
HOW WOULD WOU USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information provided to:
- Verify your identity.
- Assist you when you register with WOU – process your enquiry or application in order to provide you with the appropriate academic or non-academic service/product, and to complete the transaction.
- Keep your data in our records for examination, graduation, administration, employment, provision of any products and services to WOU or to provide you with follow-up services or actions required for which your personal information was provided to WOU.
- Conduct research and development and statistical analysis in connection with the products and services for further improvement.
- Where applicable, for your contest participation and prize-giving purposes including but not limited to identification, verification of participation, eligibility to participate, sending/collection of prizes etc.
- Alert you of WOU’s latest updates, special rewards and/or any product launch in respect of the product and services (including without limitation by way of direct mail, email, newsletter, WhatsApp and SMS).
- Send you seasonal greetings messages and/or announcements.
The University will, where practicable, take steps to ensure that the personal data it maintains on you are accurate. You are responsible to provide accurate information on a timely basis. The University cannot establish whether your personal data is correct unless you notify the University on the changes.
DATA PROTECTION AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION
By registering with WOU, subscribing or continuing to use its services, you are consenting to your personal information being processed, and used in accordance with the terms of our Privacy and Data Protection Policy. In the event you do not agree or do not consent to the terms as contained herein, then WOU will not be able to provide the products and services to you.
WOU is committed in ensuring that your privacy is protected and the University will treat your personal data as confidential, and it will be used only for the University’s intended purposes. Such information may only be disclosed to authorised personnel within or outside the WOU who has the right to receive or process such information. WOU may also be obligated by law to provide necessary information to the government authorities.