Name of Staff: Dr Por Fei Ping
Designation: Senior Lecturer
Qualifications: Ph.D (Educational Technology) (USM), M.Ed (Arts Administration) (RMIT University), B.A. with Education (Hons) (English Language Studies) (USM)
Research Funding Projects:
1) Modular Assessment Design with Authentic Contexts in Open and Distance Learning
– CeRI Research Grant, Wawasan Open University
2) Developing an Eclectic Self-Regulated Lifelong Learning Model in the Era of IR 4.0
– Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education Malaysia
3) Design, Development and Impact Study of Different Technology Enabled Learning (TEL) Modalities on Learning
– Skim Dana Khas (Special Fund Grant Scheme), Universiti Malaysia Sabah
4) Sign Language Learning Management System (SLLMS) for Sustainable Education among the Hearing Impaired – Design, Development and Evaluation Study
– USM (Universiti Sains Malaysia) Research University Grants
5) Empowering Correct Pronunciation among Non-native English Speaking Learners to Pronounce Correctly using an Innovative Multimedia Pronunciation Learning Management System: Design, Development and Evaluation Study
– USM (Universiti Sains Malaysia) Research University Grants
Silver Award (International Innovation Award)
- Malaysia Technology Expo (MTE) 2021: The International Expo on Innovation and Technology
- Project: iSignnet: Now all can sign using mobile augmented reality
- Innovation Competition 2020 Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Project: iSignnet: Design, Development and Impact Study of Mobile Augmented Reality on the Learning of Sign Language
- 2nd International Conference on Innovative Sciences and Technologies for Research and Education Special Edition, 25-26 Nov 2020, Universiti Teknologi MARA, Sarawak Branch, Kota Samarahan, Sarawak
SIGG 2019 Silver Award
- Sintok International Games & Gamification (SIGG) 2019, organised by Innovation & Commercialization Centre, Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM), 5 Nov 5 2019
- Project: Physical Cooking Game
Si2te 2019 Bronze Medal
- SIRIM Invention, Innovation & Technology Expo (SI2TE) 2019, organised by Ministry of International Trade and Industry and SIRIM in collaboration with Pusat STEM Negara, 16-18 April 2019
- Project (1): Think eReader: Pedagogical-led OER (Open Educational Resources) for Metacognitive Reading Skills among Elementary Readers
- Project (2): 3DARP: 3D Shapes Augmented Reality Physical Multimedia System for Primary School Students
Hadiah Pingat Emas (Gold Award for Overall Best Postgraduate Student) – Pelajar Terbaik bagi Doktor Falsafah (Pendidikan) Sidang Akademik 2013/2014
- Universiti Sains Malaysia
Sanggar Sanjung Award – Excellent Achievement in Journal Publication for 2012
- Universiti Sains Malaysia
ITEX Gold Medal (24th International Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition)
- Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation in collaboration with Malaysian Invention and Design Society (MINDS)
- Project: epronounceTM – enabling correct pronunciation across cultures
Jury Choice Award (World Education Award 2013, New Delhi, India)
- World Education Summit in collaboration with UNESCO
- Project: epronounceTM
2010 – 2013 Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) Fellowship Award
- Thien, L.M., Leong, M.-C.and Por, F.P. (2021). Factors contributing to Gen Z’s deep learning: investigating undergraduates’ course experience in Malaysian private higher education institutions. Journal of Applied Research in Higher Education, vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of print.
- Barman, B., Dzüvichü, K., Karthikeyan, J., & Por, F. P. (2020). Effects of Instructional Grouping as a Cooperative Differentiated Strategy for Learning: A Study. Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, 12 (04-Special Issue), 662-671. doi:10.5373/JARDCS/V12SP4/20201532
- Por, F. P., Chau, K. T., Chew, B. L., & Leong, Y. K. (2020). Think e-Reader: Pedagogy-led Open Educational Resources for Metacognitive Comprehension Skills. European Proceedings of Social and Behavioural Sciences EpSBS, 81, 419-430. doi:10.15405/epsbs.2020.03.03.50
- Por, F. P., & Fong, S. F. (2020). Digital Engagement in Pronunciation Learning: Effects on Learning Performance and Language Anxiety. SEARCH Journal of Media and Communication Research, Special Issue: The 6th International SEARCH Conference 2019, 149-171.
- Por, F. P., Lim, B. L., Ong, C. T., Muniandy, B., & Fong, S. F. (2020). Initiatives of Malaysian Higher Education in Embracing IR4.0. Solid State Technology, 63(1s), 548-554.
- Por, F. P., Ong, C. T., Muniandy, B., Fong, S. F., & Rabiatul Adawiah, A. R. (2020). Lifelong Learning in the Era of IR4.0: A Concept Analysis. Solid State Technology, 63(1s), 539-547.
- Chau, K. T., Wan Yahaya, W. A. J., Letchumanan, M., & Por, F. P. (2019). Extending Physical Multimedia Learning with Cognitive Theory of Multimedia Learning. Proceedings of IEEE 4th International Conference on Signal and Image Processing (ICSIP) 2019 (pp. 777-781). Wuxi, China: Southeast University.
- Karthikeyan, J., Kumar, S.H.P., Rahman, M. & Por, F. P. (2019). Review of Mobile Learning: Digitalization of Classroom. Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical and Control Systems, 11 (12-Special Issue), 755-761. doi:5373/JARDCS/V11SP12/20193274
- Por, F. P. (2019). Review of Student Engagement Frameworks with the Integration of Technologies. Proceedings of the 6th International SEARCH Conference 2019.
- Fong, S. F., & Por, F. P.(2016). Effects of a Pronunciation Learning Management System among Students of Different Language Anxiety Levels. Jurnal Kinabalu, 22/2016.
- Fong, S. F., Ch’ng, P. E., & Por, F. P.(2013). Development of ICT Competency Standards Using the Delphi Technique. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 103(0), 299-314.
- Por, F. P., & Fong, S. F. (2013). The Use of Mouth Movement Video and Digitised Phonetic Symbols on Pronunciation Learning among Learners with Different Psychological Profiles. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 3(2), 289-297.
- Fong, S. F., Hii, S. C., Por, F. P., & Teng, M. L. (2012). Enhancing Low Ability Student’s Performance Using Succinct Item. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 47(0), 1517-1522.
- Fong, S. F., Lily, L. P. L., & Por, F. P.(2012). Reducing Cognitive Overload Among Students of Different Anxiety Levels Using Segmented Animation. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 47(0), 1448-1456.
- Fong, S. F., Por, F. P., & Tang, A. L. (2012). Effects of Multiple Simulation Presentation among Students of Different Anxiety Levels in the Learning of Probability. The Turkish Online Journal of Educational Technology, 11(3), 105-114.
- Fong, S. F., Por, F. P., & Tang, A. L. (2012). Multimedia Simulation Presentation in Empowering Students with Different Anxiety Levels in the Learning of Probability. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 47(0), 1511-1516.
- Fong, S. F., Shakaran, V. C., Lily, L. P. L., & Por, F. P.(2012). Design and Development of a Cloud-based Sign Language Center using Google Sites. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 64(0), 320-327.
- Por, F. P., Fong, S. F., & Zarina, M. (2012). A Review of Literature to Compare Technological Features of Pronunciation Software. In Abdul Rashid et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of National Colloquium of Postgraduate Research in Education (NCoRE) 2012(pp. 46-55).
- Por, F. P., Zarina, M., Shuki, O., Phoon, H. S., & Fong, S. F. (2012). Design and Development of Multimedia Pronunciation Learning Management System for Non-Native English Speakers. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 64(0), 584-593.
- Fong, S.F., Ch’ng, P.E., Por, F.P.& Abu Saada, A.H. (2011, March). The Delphi Technique: A Methodological Tool to Determine ICT Competency Standards. In S. Barton et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Global Learn Asia Pacific 2011 (pp. 865-874). AACE.
- Por, F. P., & Fong, S. F. (2011). Exploring the Innovative Multimedia Pronunciation Learning Management System on Students with Different Psychological Profiles. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 2(24) [Special Issue], 244-250.
- Por, F.P., & Fong, S. F. (2011, March). Multimedia Learning Management System – Empowering Correct Pronunciation. In S. Barton et al. (Eds.), Proceedings of Global Learn Asia Pacific 2011(pp. 129-134). AACE.
- Por, F. P., & Fong, S. F. (2011). The Design and Development of Multimedia Pronunciation Learning Management System. World Academy of Science and Technology, 60, 2004-2008.
- Por, F. P., & Fong, S. F. (2011, November). The Effects of Mouth Movement Video and Digitised Phonetic Symbols on the Learning of Pronunciation among Learners with Different Psychological Profiles. Paper presented at the 2nd Symposium of USM Fellowship 2011, Penang, Malaysia.
- Por, F. P., & Fong, S. F. (2011). Towards Transformation: The Power of Phonetic Symbols Embedded in the Multimedia Learning Management System. English Language Teaching, 4(1), 167-173.
Official Correspondence Address:
School of Education, Humanities and Social Sciences
Wawasan Open University
54, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah,