Name of Staff: Dr. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib
Qualifications: PhD (Project Management) (USM), MSc (Project Management) (USM), BSc (Hons) Housing, Building and Planning (Construction Management) (USM)
Dr. Nurul ‘Ulyani was an Adjunct Course Coordinator for two semesters at WOU before she joined the University as a Lecturer with the School of Science & Technology on August 19th, 2019.
Prior to this, she worked as a Post-doctorate Fellow at the School of Civil Engineering, Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). She obtained her Doctorate degree in Project Management at USM, specialising in facilities management with the thesis/research titled “Students’ Perception on Service Quality Performance of On-campus Student Housing at Peninsular Malaysian Universities”. She also received a B.Sc. (Hons) degree in Housing, Building, and Planning (Construction Management) and an M.Sc. degree in Project Management (Facilities Management) from USM. The title of her master’s thesis was “Residential Satisfaction of Student Housing Facilities in Malaysian Public Universities”.
> Green and Sustainable Construction;
> Facilities Management;
> Post-occupancy Evaluation;
> Service Quality Performance;
> Residential Satisfaction;
Please visit the Google Scholar for more details. https://scholar.google.com.my/citations?user=ecb8XbMAAAAJ&hl=en
1. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib, Nor’Aini Yusof, Amin Akhavan Tabassi (2018). Students’ Intentions and Students’ Attainments at the On-campus House: A desk study. Journal of ASIAN Behavioural Studies, 3(10), p.170-179.
2. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib, Nor’Aini Yusof, Amin Akhavan Tabassi (2015). Living in On-campus Student Housing: Students’ behavioural intentions and students’ personal attainments. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 170, p.494-503.
3. Jamil Jusoh, Nor Fatimah Abd Hamid, Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib (2015). The Expectation and Satisfaction of the First Time and Return Tourists toward the Heritage Attractions in Melaka. Pertanika Journal of Social Sciences & Humanities, 23(1), p.195-208. (ISI-indexed)
4. Nor’Aini Yusof, Shardy Abdullah, Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib (2014). How does communication influence the perceived performance of maintenance services in multi-storey public housing? International Journal of Strategic Property Management, 18(4), p.380-392. (ISI-indexed, IF: 1.597)
5. Nor’Aini Yusof, Nazirah Zainul Abidin, Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib (2013). Performance of Housing Maintenance in Public Housing. Journal of Economics and Sustainable Development, 4(6), p.156-163.
6. Nor’Aini Yusof, Shardy Abdullah, Sarah Zubedy, Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib (2012). Residents’ Maintenance Priorities Preference: The Case of Public Housing in Malaysia. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 62, p.508-513.
7. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib, Nor’Aini Yusof, Norazmawati Md Sani (2012). The effects of students’ socio-physical backgrounds onto satisfaction with student housing facilities. Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 62, p.64-74.
8. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib, Nor’Aini Yusof, Zulkifli Osman (2011). The Relationship between Students’ Socio-Economic Backgrounds and Student Residential Satisfaction. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, 80, p.1200-1205.
9. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib, Nor’Aini Yusof, Zulkifli Osman (2011). The Influence of Socio-Economic Backgrounds towards Satisfaction with Student Housing Facilities. International Journal of Social, Management, Economics and Business Engineering, 5(10), p.220-225.
10. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib, Nor’Aini Yusof, Nazirah Zainul Abidin (2011). Student residential satisfaction in research universities. Journal of Facilities Management, 9(3), p.200-212. (ISI & Scopus-indexed)
11. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib, Nor’Aini Yusof, Zulkifli Osman (2011). Measuring Satisfaction with Student Housing Facilities. American Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 4(1), p.52-60.
1. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib, Farid Ezanee Mohamed Ghazali (2020). A Review on the Government’s Way Forward Policy Towards Environmental Sustainability Construction Projects in Malaysia by 2020. In: AWAM International Conference on Civil Engineering 2019 (AICCE’19), 21-22 August 2019, Penang. Switzerland: Springer International Publishing [ISBN: 978-3-030-32815-3]. [In Press] (Scopus-indexed)
2. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib, Nor’Aini Yusof, Amin Akhavan Tabassi (2017). Service quality performance of student housing: The effects on students’ behavioural intentions. In: IEEE 15th Student Conference on Research and Development (SCOReD) 2017, 13-14 December 2017, Putrajaya. Malaysia: IEEE [ISBN: 978-1-5386-2126-4]. Pp.203-208.
3. Nor’Aini Yusof, Nazirah Zainul Abidin, Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib (2013). Performance of Maintenance Services in Public Housing: Residents’ Perception. In: Advances in Business-Related Scientific Research Conference 2013 (ABSRC 2013), 20-22 March 2013, Venice. Italy: ABSRC 2013 Conference Proceedings [ISBN: 978-961-269-957-4]. Pp.1-9.
4. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib, Nor’Aini Yusof (2012). Facilities & Services Performance (FSPerf) As a Measuring Tool to Evaluate Students’ Living Experience in the On-Campus Housing. In: 6th International Conference and Workshop on the Built Environment in Developing Countries (ICBEDC 2012), 4-5 December 2012, Adelaide. Australia: ICBEDC 2012 Conference Proceedings [ISBN: 978-0-646-58814-8]. Pp.1050-1060.
5. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib, Nor’Aini Yusof (2010). Identifying Factors Affecting Satisfaction With Student Housing: A Research Framework. In: 2nd International Postgraduate Conference on Infrastructure and Environment (IPCIE 2010), 1-2 June 2010, Hong Kong. China: IPCIE 2010 Conference Proceedings [ISBN: 978-988-17311-3-5]. Pp.172-183.
6. Nurul ‘Ulyani Mohd Najib, Nor’Aini Yusof (2009) A Review of Student Housing Facilities in Higher Learning Institution. In: 3rd International Conference on Built Environment in Developing Countries (ICBEDC 2009), 2-3 December 2009, Pulau Pinang. Malaysia: ICBEDC 2009 Conference Proceedings [ISBN: 978-983-3986-60-6]. Pp.1817-1831.
Official Correspondence Address:
School of Technology and Engineering Science
Wawasan Open University
54, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah