TO : ALL WAWASAN OPEN UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
DATE : 19 MARCH 2020
REFERENCE NO. : WOU/COVID-19/NFC-3
SUBJECT : STUDENT UPDATE ON ONLINE TUTORIALS (COVID-19 SITUATION)
Wawasan Open University (WOU) is pleased to update you based on the latest clarification
by the Higher Education Ministry (FAQs –Movement Control Order received on 18March 2020, night) that we will continue our online teaching via our various virtual platforms.
As you are well aware, WOU has already instituted many online mechanisms and so you can quickly resume your study journey with minimal disruptions.
Our Main Campus and Regional Centres will however stay closed in accordance with the
Malaysian Government’s Covid-19 pandemic restricted movement order (18 March 2020 –
31 March 2020).
A) Online Platforms Readily Available
Please take advantage of WOU’s extensive network of ODL learning and student support
1) All of the University’s face-to-face tutorials/lectures will be conducted ONLINE as per your
scheduled tutorial/lecture slots. Please regularly visit the Learning Management System
(LMS) for the latest information regarding your procedure to engage in these online
2) Students can get in touch with their tutors through the online tutor forum, SMS,
WhatsApp and telephone.
3) You can access the various learning support facilities including the LMS, Student Portal, elibrary, MyEnrolment, Student e-Forms system (SEF), etc.
B) Updates on your Lectures/Tutorials/Exams:
1) For students in the ODL-i and OCL study mode:
• All face-to-face lectures have been postponed. Lectures will resume from 1 April
2020 (unless the government extends the restricted movement period).
• Your lecturers will continue to provide lectures / support through platforms such
as Microsoft Teams, Skype, LMS and WhatsApp.
• You will be informed by your lecturers on the platforms of delivery.
• Your exams for the February 2020 Semester have been postponed by 2 weeks to 23 – 30 April 2020 (tentative dates).
2) For students in the ODL study mode:
• All tutorials will resume on the current schedule on an online delivery format. Your
tutors will work with you on the preferred mode.
• The online submissions for Assignment 2 are delayed by a week.
• Lab sessions will be postponed. Replacement labs will be rescheduled and
• The exams for the January 2020 Semester will be held as scheduled until further
For the latest updates, please regularly check the Student Portal, LMS, Instagram and
For any enquiries, please contact the following staff of WOU:
• Ms. Sharmilah (016-2190647 /firstname.lastname@example.org); OR
• Mr. Rizal (016-2190563 / email@example.com)
WAWASAN OPEN UNIVERSITY