Name of Staff: Yap Li Lian
Designation: Senior Lecturer
Qualifications: MBA (Marketing Management) , Central Queensland University, Australia;
Postgraduate Diploma in Management, Central Queensland University, Australia
Prior to joining the academic world, Ms Yap Li Lian was from the investment banking industry. She has 13 years of custodian banking experience from Singapore. She began her academic career in 2005 with PTPL Penang (previously known as Institute Perkim Goon). She joined Wawasan Open University in December 2008 as a lecturer and was promoted to senior lecturer in 2011. She is currently in pursuit of her PhD.
Course Development Experience:
Developed the following courses:
- BMK304/05 Marketing Research (2009)
- BMK306/10 Strategic and International Marketing (2010)
- BMK303/05 Sales and Distribution Management (2010)
- BMK511/0 International Marketing (2010)
Course team member for the following courses:
- BMK301/05 Consumer Behaviour (2009)
- BMG305/10 International Business (2010)
Marketing Adult learning, Cultural Tourism and Tourist Behaviour
- Li-Lian Yap, (2010), “Tune Hotels.com. Is international expansion the answer?” Commonwealth of Learning CEMBA/PA Case Study Bank.
- Li-Lian Yap, (2011), “Bronz Tanning – addressing a recruitment dilemma.” Commonwealth of Learning CEMBA/PA Case Study Bank.
- Li Lian, Yap and Li-Sean, Lum, (2011), “Factors motivating adult learners in their selection choice for further education: A case study in Penang”, Proceedings of 25th AAOU International Conference on Open Distance Learning Transforming Asia through Open Distance, 28 – 30 September 2011, Penang, Malaysia
- Li Lian, Yap, K Jayaraman and Keng-Leng, Soh, (2011), “A comparison between traditional and modern definition of cultural tourism in Malaysia”, Proceedings of 9th Asian Academy of Management International Conference 2011 on Transforming Asian Business through Innovation for a Sustainable Tomorrow, 14 – 16 October 2011, Penang, Malaysia
Official Correspondence Address:
Wawasan Open University
54, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah,