The appointees will provide academic
leadership in undergraduate and postgraduate
teaching programmes as well as engage in
research in the following areas:
- School of Business and
- School of Science and
ii. Construction Management
iii. Computing and IT; Software Engineering
- School of Education,
Languages and Communications (Based in
ii. Literature in English
Advertising and Communications
- An earned PhD/DBA degree in the
relevant discipline and at least 8 years
as a Senior Academician in a recognized
- Possess international reputation for
outstanding research and publications.
- Demonstrated track record of
developing and leading the
implementation of academic programmes.
- Experience in Teacher Education and
teaching, specialization in curriculum
and methodology. [*for School of
Education, Languages & Communications]
- A record of successful teaching and
supervision of postgraduate research
- Excellent command of English and
competency in Bahasa Malaysia.
- Experience in curriculum planning and
validation of Open Distance Learning
programmes would be an added advantage.
- Reporting to the Vice Chancellor via
the Dean of the School, the appointee is
tasked with providing leadership in the
development of new academic programmes.
- Provide leadership in the creation
and development of ODL materials for
undergraduate and/or postgraduate
- Coordinate the delivery of courses
in the prescribed fields within the
- Participate in the recruitment,
training, management and evaluation of
- Maintain close liaison with external
examiners, course writers and course
- Maintain close working relationship
with other support units such as
Registry, Library, Educational
Technology & Publishing.