Name of Staff: Dr Woo Suk Wah
Qualifications: Diploma in Building Technology (TARC), BSc (Hons) in Construction Management (UTAR), MSc in Project Management (USM), PhD in Project Management (USM)
Professional Qualification: MACPM
Dr Woo joined the School of Science and Technology, Wawasan Open University as a lecturer in May 2013. She graduated from Tunku Abdul Rahman College with a Diploma in Building Technology prior to pursuing her BSc (Hons) in Construction Management in Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR). Then she obtained her Master's degree in Project Management from Universiti Sains Malaysia. Dr Woo has vast industrial exposure and experience in the construction sector. She was working as a project quantity surveyor before joining the University. In 2016, she obtained her PhD degree from Universiti Sains Malaysia, specialising in the field of project management.
Course Development Experience:
She is the course coordinator for following construction management courses:
1. TCM 309/10 CM Project Course
2. TCM 207/05 Construction Management Project Case Study
3. TBE 101/05 Building Materials
4. TBE 105/05 Basic Surveying & Building Construction
5. TBE 203/05 Infrastructures and Structural Elements
6. TCM 301/05 Advanced Construction Technology
7. TMM 525/03 Sustainability, Health, Safety and Environment Issues
Project Management, Quantity Surveying and Social Related Issues in the field of construction industry,
1. A. Omran and S.W. Woo (2012). The Possible Impacts Resulted from the Implementation of Waterfront Projects in Penang Island. International Journal of Research and Reviews in Applied Sciences, 2, pp. 215-218.
2. S.W. Woo and A. Omran (2012), Factors Contributing to the Implementation of Waterfront Projects in Penang Island. Journal of Academic Research in Economics, 2, pp. 102-114
3. S.W Woo, A. Omran and M.H. Hanafi (2013). Factors Contributing to the Waterfront Development in Iskandar Malaysia. International Journal of Academic Research, 5(1), pp 159-165.
4. S.W. Woo and A. Omran (2015). Adoption of PEST Model towards Implementation of Waterfront Projects in West Malaysia, ANNALS of Faculty Engineering Hunedoara-International Journal of Engineering, 3(8), pp. 119-122.
5) S.W. Woo, A. Omran, M.H. Hanafi. The Impacts of the Waterfront Development in Iskandar Malaysia, Environment, Development and Sustainability, DOI 10.1007/s10668-016-9798-3 (In Press).
S.W. Woo and A. Omran. Factors Contributing to the Implementation of Waterfront Projects in West Malaysia and Its Impacts. International Conference on Innovative Technologies, IN-TECH 2014, Leiria, 10th - 13th September 2014.
Honorary Appointments and Awards:
Dean’s list in January 2007 trimester during undergraduate study.
Official Correspondence Address:
Wawasan Open University
54, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah,