Name of Staff: Dr. Teoh Ping Chow
Designation: Deputy Dean
Qualifications: PhD in Manufacturing Engineering (Loughborough, UK), BEng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering (UMalaya)
He joined Wawasan Open University in July 2011. Before joining Wawasan Open University, he was the Principal Staff Engineer at the Motorola Technology Malaysia in Penang for 18 years. Prior to that, he was a R&D engineer for O.Y.L. Appliances in Selangor. He graduated from the University of Malaya in 1991. After that he worked for 9 years in the industry before pursuing his PhD in UK. He obtained his PhD from Loughborough University in 2003.
He gained his experience working in the areas of product development, automation, knowledge management, and Lean Manufacturing. He is also Motorola University certified instructor for FMEA course. He have filed nine US patents for Motorola and published numerous papers in journals, conferences and published a case study in a book.
Course Development Experience:
> Total Quality Techniques
> Supply Chain Management
> Environmental Design
> Building Services
> Risks and Crisis Management
> IT for Construction and CAD
1. Knowledge Management, Lean Manufacturing, Mobile-Learning
1. Teoh PC., and Wong VH. (2012) Mobile Learning Practices in Manufacturing Environment. 26th Asian Association of Open Universities Conference, 17 – 18 October 2012, Chiba, Japan.
2. Case Keith; Amin Norb; Teoh PC. (2010). A diagnostic service tool using FMEA International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Volume 23, Issue 7 July 2010, pages 640 - 654.
3. Teoh PC., Lim KT, Ong SH. (2009) Implemented Knowledge Management System at Motorola Technology Sdn. Bhd. A case study published in the Organization Development & Change, 9th Edition, Thomas G. Cummings, Christopher G. Worley.
4. Lin HK., Harding JA., Teoh PC. (2005) An Inter-Enterprise Semantic Web System to Support Information Autonomy and Conflict Moderation. Accepted for publishing in the Journal of Engineering Manufacture. Proceedings of Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Part B.
5. Teoh PC., Case K. (2004) FMEA Research – Review and Proposal. Published in the Journal of Engineering Manufacture. Proceedings of Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Part B.
6. Teoh PC., Case K. (2004) Functional Modelling and Reasoning for Failure Modes and Effects Analysis Generation. Published in the International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing. Editor S.T. Newman. Publishers Taylor & Francis Ltd.
> 6,210,079 - Feeder system and method for supplying electrical components to a pick up location
> 6,120,216 - Modular feeder system and feeder module for supplying electrical components to a pick up location
> 6,116,822 - Movable abutment for a component feeder
> 6,116,821 - Feeder system and method for supplying electrical components to a pick up location
> 6,039,512 - Feeder system and method for supplying electrical components to a pickup location
> 6,024,208 - Feeder for supplying electrical components to a pick up location
> 5,828,310 - Indicator system having plurality of feeders and actuators arranged to selectively actuate a sensor
> 5,724,889 - Stencil shifter
> 5,713,276 - Flexible self-level squeegee blade
Official Correspondence Address:
School of Science and Technology
Wawasan Open University
54, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah,