Name of Staff: Tan Saw Fen
Qualifications: Master of Arts (Education), USM; Bachelor of Science with Education (Hons) (Chemistry), USM
Tan Saw Fen graduated from Universiti Sains Malaysia with Bachelor of Science with Education (Hons) majoring in Chemistry in 2009 and Master of Arts in Education in 2012. She was awarded the Best Thesis Award (2013) and Best Research Paper Silver Award (2014). Prior joining this university, she has experience teaching in international school and college. Besides, she has consulting experience in using NVivo for qualitative data analysis.
1. Tan, S. F., & Lim, C. S. (2014). Mathematics teachers’ reflection in Lesson Study: Preliminary Analysis. In A. L. White, Suhaidah Binti Tahir, & U. H. Cheah (Eds.), Expowering The Future Generation through Mathematics Education (pp. 115-128). Penang: SEAMEO RECSAM.
2. Tan, S. F., & Lim, C. S. (2014). Pengajaran matematik sekolah rendah yang berkesan. In Abdul Rashid Mohamed, Hazri Jamil, H. M. Low, & Aziah Ismail (Eds.), Pedagogi dan Kepimpinan: Pendekatan dan Panduan untuk Pendidik (pp. 83-94). Malaysia: McGraw-Hill Education (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
3. Tan, S. F., & Lim, C. S. (2013). Effective mathematics lesson from the eyes of primary pupils. In Maitree Inprasitha, M (Ed), Proceedings of The 6th East Asia Regional Conference on Mathematics Education (EARCOME 6), Theme: Innovations and Exemplary Practices in Mathematics Education, Vol. 2, 184-193. Phuket: Center for Research in Mathematics Education (CRME).
4. Lim, C. S., Tang, K. N., & Tan, S. F. (2013). Building rapport with pupils to enhance teaching: Implications from observing three primary Excellent Teachers. Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities (JSSH). 21(3), 1093- 1095.
5. Tan, S. F., & Lim, C. S. (2012). Characteristics of mathematics lessons valued by two Excellent Primary Teachers as effective. In A. L. White & U. H. Cheah (Eds.), Transforming School Mathematics Education in the 21st Century (pp. 268-281). Penang: SEAMEO RECSAM.
6. Lim, C. S., Chew, C. M., & Tan, S. F. (2012). The third wave: Exploring Malaysian primary pupils' preferred values in an effective mathematics lesson. In A. L. White & U. H. Cheah (Eds.), Transforming School Mathematics Education in the 21st Century (pp. 251-267). Penang: SEAMEO RECSAM.
7. Kor, L. K., Lim, C. S., & Tan, S. F. (2010). The third wave: What Malaysian Chinese primary school pupils value in an effective mathematics lesson: A pilot study. In Shimizu, Y., Sekiguchi, Y., & Hino, K. (Eds), Proceedings of The 5th East Asia Regional Conference On Mathematics Education (EARCOME 5), Theme: In Search of Excellence in Mathematics Education, Vol. 2, 95-102. Tokyo: Japan Society of Mathematics Education.
8. Tan, S. F., & Lim, C. S. (2010). Effective mathematics lesson from the lenses of primary pupils: Preliminary analysis. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 8, 242-247.
Official Correspondence Address:
School of Education, Languages and Communications
Wawasan Open University
54, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah,