Name of Staff: Ooi Li Hsien (Sean)
Designation: Senior Lecturer
Qualifications: M.Ed. English Language Teaching (Merit), University of Glasgow, UK; B. Ed. (Hons) TESL, Ist Class Honours, Universiti Malaya, Malaysia; Cambridge International Diploma in Teaching and Training (CIDTT) (Merit)
Professional Body Memberships:
Penang English Language Learning and Teaching Accociation (PELLTA)
Ooi Li Hsien obtained his Masters degree in Education majoring in English Language Teaching from the University of Glasgow and a Bachelors degree in TESL from the University of Malaya. Prior to joining Wawasan Open University in 2015, he was attached to KDU College Penang since 2012. A Northern Representative of the Malaysian American Alumni Partnership (MAAP) and former US Department of State Scholar, he has taught both local and international students in Malaysia, Thailand, UK and US.
Multiculturalism, Code-switching, Language Acquisition, Teacher Education
Conferences, Seminars and Workshops:
> Paper Presentations
1. The Role of Tutors in Online Facilitation of ELT Courses. Paper presented at the 4th International Conference for Engliah Language Teaching, October 2015, Melaka.
2. Teachers’ and Students’ Perspective of PBS: A Case Study. Paper co-presented at the 12th International Asia TEFL Conference/23rd MELTA International Conference, August 2014, Kuching, Sarawak.
1. Language Games with a Twist. Workshop co-presented for Penang English Language Learning and Teaching Accociation (PELLTA), October 2015, Penang.
2. Language Games with a Twist. Workshop co-presented at the 12th International Asia TEFL Conference/23rd MELTA International Conference, August 2014, Kuching, Sarawak.
3. Using Cost Effective Language Teaching Aids. Workshop co-presented to trainees at Institute of Teacher Education, Tuanku Bainun Campus, June 2013, Penang.
4. Basket Load of Activities. Workshop co-presented at the 6th Biennial PELLTA International ELT Conference, April 2013, Penang.
5. English for Research. Workshop co-conducted to academicians of Narusuan University Thailand, February 2013, Penang.
Official Correspondence Address:
School of Education, Languages & Communications
Wawasan Open University
54, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, 10050 Penang