Centre For Graduate Studies
Master of Business Administration in Manufacturing and Production Management
(1) Regular Entry
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of at least 2.5; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of less than 2.5 with a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field; OR
- Any other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government and approved by the Senate of the University
(2) Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) provides an opportunity for individuals with working experience but lack of formal academic qualifications to pursue their tertiary studies. APEL involves the identification, documentation and assessment of prior experiential learning to determine the extent to which an individual has achieved the desired learning outcomes, for access to a programme of study.
Applicants should comply with the following admission criteria stipulated by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA):
- The candidate should be at least 30 years of age in the year of application and possess at least STPM / Diploma / equivalent (e.g. foundation) with relevant work experience.
This programme is useful for professionals in the manufacturing sector like production and process engineers, quality control engineers, facility engineers, health and safety executives, IT specialists and marketing executives.
Graduates will develop the necessary expertise and leadership skills needed to manage a manufacturing plant. This include knowledge in certain aspects of general business management including human resources, accounting and finance, strategic management and quality management.
This programme will provide graduates with advanced management jobs in the manufacturing industry and other related businesses. These include positions like departmental managers and plant managers.
Graduates who already have the relevant industrial experience may also choose to be consultants or build their own consultancy companies.