Centre For Graduate Studies
Master of Business Administration in Construction Management
(1) Regular Entry
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of at least 2.5; OR
- Bachelor’s Degree with CGPA of less than 2.5 with a minimum of 5 years working experience in the relevant field; OR
- Any other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government and approved by the Senate of the University
(2) Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) provides an opportunity for individuals with working experience but lack of formal academic qualifications to pursue their tertiary studies. APEL involves the identification, documentation and assessment of prior experiential learning to determine the extent to which an individual has achieved the desired learning outcomes, for access to a programme of study.
Applicants should comply with the following admission criteria stipulated by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA):
- The candidate should be at least 30 years of age in the year of application and possess at least STPM / Diploma / equivalent (e.g. foundation) with relevant work experience.
The MBA in Construction Management (MBA-CM) programme is designed for professionals in the construction sector such as engineers, quantity serveyors, architects, building technologists, construction supervisors and managers who want to upgrade themselves to senior management positions in their company.
Graduates will gain skills and knowledge to effectively run the construction business while upholding the principles of safety and health. They will also be exposed to topics related to business management like finance, quality, procurement, operations and human resources which are important to undertake the different functions of construction management.
The MBA-CM programme will provide graduates with the chance to compete for higher level and general management positions in construction and related business. These include positions such as site manager, project manager and general manager.
Graduates who already have the relevant industrial experience may also choose to be consultants or build their own consultancy companies.