Centre for Graduate Studies
Master of Arts in Psychology
This programme is designed to cater to the need for professional development in the field of psychology. There is a growing demand for psychological services in educational, medical and corporate institutions. Graduates will be equipped with advanced psychology knowledge, effective practical strategies and skills for professional development in this area.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates will be able to:
- Meet the need for postgraduate professional qualifications in the field of psychology and to raise the quality of services in educational institutions.
- Upgrade the knowledge, skills and competencies required in the field of psychology.
- Develop the necessary skills and competencies required in psychology career-related fields such as education, research, consultancy, and administration.
- Apply advanced knowledge in psychology as well as ethical values and social responsibilities in the workplace.
The following are examples of career possibilities that students can expect upon graduation.
- Organisational Psychology Consultant
- Talent Acquisition Specialist
- Training and Development Specialist
- Customer Support Manager
- Community Relations Officer
- Rehabilitation Specialist
- Behavioural Analysts
- Childcare Worker
Candidates with the following criteria will be eligible to be considered for admission into the postgraduate programme:
- A Bachelor's Degree (Level 6 MQF) in Psychology or its equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00; OR
- A Bachelor's Degree (Level 6 MQF) with a minimum CGPA 2.75 in any field and minimum 45 credits of prerequisites modules in psychology or its equivalent; OR
- A Bachelor's Degree with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in any field, and a minimum 45 credits of prerequisites modules in Psychology with CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 in the prerequisites modules;
- A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 in any field, and a minimum 30 credits of prerequisites modules in Psychology with a CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 in the prerequisites modules, and a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Subject Test (Psychology) with a minimum score of 550.