Name of Staff: Dr. Alexandra Kang
Designation: Senior Lecturer
Qualifications: PhD (Operations Management) (Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia)
Master of Business Administration (Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia)
The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA, United Kingdom)
Diploma in Commerce (Business Management) (Tunku Abdul Rahman College, Malaysia)
DR. ALEXANDRA KANG, PhD, is a Senior Lecturer of the Law and Corporate Administration Cluster in the School of Business and Administration, Wawasan Open University (WOU). She completed her Diploma in Commerce (Business Management) from Tunku Abdul Rahman College, and The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA) concurrently. Prior to her joining WOU, she served as a Corporate Secretary in the secretarial division of Deloitte KassimChan (a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, UK) and was elected as Associate Member of The Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA). Thereafter, she proceeded to work in education/consulting services. She taught in diverse courses in the areas of Management, Company Law, Governance and Ethics, Secretarial Practices to the undergraduates. She also prepared students for the professional examinations such as ICSA, ACCA and CIMA during which she obtained her MBA from USM. Dr. Kang was granted a MyBrain15 scholarship by Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and completed her PhD with USM. Her PhD research was in urban transportation focusing on prediction of behavior using variance-based structural equation modeling technique of partial least squares (PLS-SEM).
Course Development Experience:
- Corporate Governance and Ethics
- Law and Practice of Meetings
- Corporate Compliance Management
- Company Law
- Corporate Law
- Business Law
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Secretaryship
- Corporate Secretarial Practice
Urban Transportation, Corporate Governance, Corporate Law & Women Entrepreneurship
1) Alexandra S. Kang & Wong Wai Peng (2017). Predictors of drivers’ intention and behavioral readiness to use public bus transport. Proceedings of the 12th Asian Academy Management International Conference, Malaysia.
2) Alexandra S. Kang, K. Jeyaraman & K. L. Soh (2015). Commuters' readiness to use public bus transport. Proceedings of the 4th Asian Management Research and Case Conference, Malaysia.
3) S. Kang, K. Jeyaraman & K. L. Soh (2013). Road congestion, vehicles emissions and the intention to use public bus services in Malaysia – A flexible bus utility model. World Transport Policy and Practice, 19(1), pp. 8-24.
4) S. Kang, K. Jeyaraman & K. L. Soh (2011). Issues and intention to use public transport in Malaysia - A conceptual model of public bus service. Proceedings of the 9th Asian Academy Management International Conference, Malaysia.
5) S. Kang, O. Intan & N. Hazlina (2010). Women entrepreneurship in SMMEs Malaysia. Proceedings of the 8th Asian Academy Management International Conference, Malaysia.
Official Correspondence Address:
School of Business and Administration,
Wawasan Open University
54, Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, 10050 Penang Malaysia