School of Science and Technology
Graduate Diploma in Telecommunication
- Ability to function effectively as an individual and in a team with the ability to lead and manage.
- Recognise the need for, and to engage in life-long learning.
- Identify the impact of the work of telecommunication technologist on society.
- Demonstrate values and ethics that will enhance participation as players in business organisations and loyal citizens.
Graduates of this Diploma can venture into many industries and commences such as telecommunications, sales and marketing, consumer telecommunications sectors, security equipments, computing, and Info-communications and media.
The graduates have vast opportunities in the telecommunication service operation such as Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM), Celcom, Sapura, MAXIS or the sector of manufacturing telecommunication system products such as NEC, Hewlett Packard, Motorola, Sapura, and others. Furthermore, graduates will be contributing in government organisations e.g. MDC, SIRIM and MIMOS, high institutional levels as well as in consultant firms. Graduates will have a bright future since ICT is a rapidly burgeoning area and is being focused globally.
They can apply to work as assistant engineers, technical marketing executives, sales engineers, equipment-testing assistants, technical executives, telecommunications technicians, quality control supervisor sand equipment associate engineers.
Telecommunications devices and systems have become an integral part of the modern life. Professionals trained in the design, operation, maintenance and manufacture of telecommunication equipment and systems are always found to be in high demand. This degree teaches you the theory and practice of telecommunication technology.
Students taking this Graduate Diploma in Telecommunications in the School of Science & Technology will be exposed to telecommunication fields in analog and digital communications, field theory, telecommunication principles, satellite & optical communications, electromagnetic waves and wireless communications. In addition, technological studies in electronics, circuit and signal, operating systems, entrepreneurship development are also provided. Substantial training in engineering mathematics is also included in the programme. A good coverage of subjects in learning skills and communications skills are also emphasised. The programme is designed to be a three-year course in telecommunications.
- Apply the basic knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Analyse and interpret data to predict the results in telecommunications field.
- Identify, formulate and solve telecommunication engineering problems.
- Ability to work with modern instrumentation, software and hardware.
- Contribute to design a system, component or process to fulfill certain telecommunication specifications.
- Communicate effectively with different levels of people in the workplace.