School of Business and Administration
Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Accounting
This programme is designed to provide a comprehensive and vigorous grounding in the discipline of accounting within the broad field of business, producing graduates who can meet the challenges of a rapidly changing global commercial environment. You will be equipped with the knowledge and skills in various aspects of accounting and finance such as financial accounting, cost and management accounting, accounting information systems, auditing, taxation, financial management and analysis and corporate finance.
Being an extension of the distance learning programme, this Accounting programme gives you the opportunity to pursue an affordable qualify accounting degree that is widely recognised.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Acquire fundamental knowledge in accounting, tax and audit
- Demonstrate expertise within an organisation in the field of accounting
- Provide creative, innovative and effective solution to problems related to accounting, tax and auditing
- Communicate effectively in written and spoken forms to other professionals and the community that the accounting community supports.
- Function effectively as individuals or in teams when performing tasks in accounting, audit or tax.
- Perform tasks professionally, ethically and with humane responsibility, in line with professional ethics set by Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
- Recognise the need for and to engage in life-long learning and professional development in accounting, tax and audit.
- Be self motivated and able to apply entrepreneurship and management accounting skills to serve the organisation.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and responsibility to contribute towards the improvement of relationship among accounting, tax and audit stakeholders.
The following are examples of career possibilities that students can expect upon graduation:
- Internal Auditor
- Business Analyst
- Finance Officer
- Management Consultant
- Tax Practitioner
- Company Secretary
To enrol, click here or visit your nearest Regional Centre or Support Centre and submit the following documents:
- 2 passport photos
- Photocopy of your IC, certificates and transcripts (Bring along the original for validation)
- A completed application form which is available at all Regional Centres, Support Centres and online at the website.