How To Enrol
You may apply for our full-time programmes through our online application process or visit our main campus or regional centres to enrol.
Below are the intake dates for Full-Time Study:
- February 2017 Intake: 13 February 2017
- May 2017 Intake: 8 May 2017
- September 2017 Intake: 25 September 2017
The schedule of fees is here: Your total tuition fees in each semester depend on the number of courses for which you enrol.
Payment may be made at the main campus or at the regional centres. Payment is accepted by cheque (payable to Wawasan Open University Sdn Bhd), bank draft, money/postal order, credit card or by ATM cards issued by most major Malaysian banks. All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration and no later than the first week after the commencement of the semester. You will be fined a late payment penalty if all fees are not paid on time and may lose access to WOU facilities, tutorials and examinations.
Apply for Financial Assistance
Help is available to students who need it in the following ways:
a. Kick start your studies with attractive rewards at WOU Main Campus, Penang
- 20% Total Tuition Fee Rebate: All full-time students at WOU Main Campus will enjoy a 20% tuition fee rebate throughout their studies at WOU.
- Cost of Living Allowance (COLA): The University gives each student a monthly Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) for the duration of their studies of up to three years.
- Accommodation Allowance for outstation students: All outstation students - i.e. those who enrol through other Regional Centres/Support Centres besides Penang - will get accommodation allowance per semester.
>>Details on accommodation click here.
- Additional Fee Waiver: NO Library Deposit.
b. Employees Provident Fund (EPF)
EPF contributors can withdraw from their EPF Account II to support their studies.
To apply, please obtain the Borang KWSP 9H (AHL) from the nearest EPF office and liaise with your nearest Regional Centre to obtain the relevant supporting letters from WOU.
Note: WOU only charges fees on a per semester basis. Any excess EPF funds parked with WOU will not be construed as advance payment for tuition fee and is not interest bearing.
c. Bank Loans
Certain banks may provide study loans. Please check with your respective bank for further details.
d. Installment Plans
Installment payment plans are available in special circumstances. Please consult your nearest Regional Centre for further details.
e. 0% easy payment system
WOU tuition fees qualify for a 6 month 0% easy payment scheme when you pay using a Maybank, Alliance or Hong Leong credit card. For further details, please contact your nearest Regional Centre.
f. Bursary Award
The Bursary Award is applicable to new undergraduate students who are below 21 years old and enrol in a minimum of two courses. The students will enjoy tuition fee discounts based on academic performance in their STPM/A-Level/UEC.
To apply, please download the Application Form.
g. Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu and Tun Dr. Lim Keng Yaik Scholarships
These scholarships are available for new students who have obtained at least 3A for STPM, 3A for A Levels or 10A for UEC or any other equivalent qualification, and whose family basic income is not more than RM7,000 per month or RM84,000 per year.
h. Chancellor's Merit Scholarship
The Chancellor’s Merit Scholarship awarded to students who achieve academic excellence on a semester basis.
i. Penang State Government Education Loan
The Penang State Government Education Loan was established to provide education loans to Malaysian citizens who were born or receive part of their education in Penang. The criteria for application are:
- Must be born in Penang or have at least studied in a Penang-based school for five years.
- Must have received an offer to study at a local public education institution, or a private one that has been approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- Must not be already sponsored by another entity.
- Application has to be made via online.
For more details, please visit www.epp.penang.gov.my.
For further enquiries, call 1-300-888-968 (WOU) or email to email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions apply.