Commonwealth Executive Master of Business Administration (CeMBA)
Wawasan Open University (WOU) has been offering the Commonwealth Executive Master of Business Administration (CeMBA) since 2008. The programme saw its first batch of students graduating in 2010. It is one of the best selling MBAs in the country and recognised for its quality content and delivery.
Responding to the needs of learners to have a high degree of flexibility in learning and to access the programme anytime/anywhere, WOU has ventured into the delivery of CeMBA through an online mode. Beginning January 2017 semester, CeMBA will also be delivered as a completely online programme throughout Malaysia.
The fee for the courses will be the same as the CeMBA programme offered through the ODL mode. All students interested in joining this programme must have access to a good Internet/Wi-Fi connection to be able to access the programme.
MERITS OF CEMBA ONLINE
- Learners can learn from any geographical location in Malaysia.
- Learners can access all tutorials from their own location wherever they are as long as they have access to a good Internet/Wi-Fi connection.
- Learner support in the form of interaction with tutors and course coordinators as well as e-library support will be accessible online on a 24/7 basis.
ACCESS TO CONTENT
- All content would be provided online to the learners using the Learning Management System and the Open Learning platforms in downloadable format. Content would also be supported with multimedia inputs.
- The course material provided would have units and sections for specific content. All courses would be completely self-sufficient and inclusive of learning resources, assignments, activities and multimedia presentations.
- All tutorials will be delivered using online delivery mechanism (WizIQ) based on a pre-announced schedule to facilitate learners. There shall be recordings of the tutorials made available to learners especially for those who could not attend classes or for revision purposes.
- The tutors are subject matter experts who are also well-versed in the use of ICT in content delivery.
- There shall be 10 tutorials per course each lasting 1 hour in each semester. The tutorial sessions will be highly interactive.
- There shall be 2 tutorials conducted every fortnight in each month.
- There shall be 2 Tutor-Marked Assignments (TMAs) for every course in the programme. All the assignments will be submitted into an Online Assignment Submission system (OAS).
- There will be a proctored 3-hour examination at the end of the semester for every course. In accordance with the quality assurance processes of the University, the examinations will be held at the nearest Regional Centre.