School of Business and Administration
Bachelor of Business (Hons) in Accounting
This programme is designed to provide a comprehensive and vigorous grounding in the discipline of accounting within the broad field of business, producing graduates who can meet the challenges of a rapidly changing global commercial environment. Students will be equipped with the knowledge and skills in various aspects of accounting and finance such as financial accounting, cost and management accounting, accounting information systems, auditing, taxation, financial management and analysis and corporate finance.
The following are examples of career possibilities that students can expect upon graduation.
- Internal Auditor
- Business Analyst
- Finance Officer
- Management Consultant
- Inland Revenue Department officer
Accredited by Professional Bodies
The Accounting degree of WOU is accredited by the following international/local professional accounting agencies:
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Certified Practising Accountants Australia (CPA Australia)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Malaysian Financial Planning Council (MFPC)
The programme fulfils the eligibility requirements for the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) Qualifying Examination. However, graduates are required to submit their application to MIA and the applications will be tabled to the Examination Committee for consideration.