School of Science and Technology
Bachelor of Technology (Hons) in Mechatronics
- Select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering tools, with an understanding of their limitations;
- Function effectively as individuals, and as members or leaders in diverse technical teams;
- Communicate effectively with the engineering community and society at large;
- Demonstrate an awareness of and consideration for societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and their consequent responsibilities;
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional ethics, responsibilities and norms of engineering technology practices;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of engineering practices, taking into account the need for sustainable development;
- Demonstrate an awareness of management, business practices and entrepreneurship; and
- Recognise the need for professional development and to engage in independent and lifelong learning.
This programme prepares graduates to take up employment for jobs in manufacturing, production, electronics, automation, mechanical technology, design, development, research, and etc.
This programme is useful for diploma and certificate holders, technicians, manufacturing specialists, technical assistants and technical staff with relevant working experience in mechanical and electronics related areas.
Graduates are expected to further advance their career within their respective organisations, or to join other organisations for new career pathway after graduation.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and principles in mechatronic engineering technology to defined and applied engineering procedures, processes, systems or methodologies;
- Solve broadly-defined engineering problems systematically to reach substantiated conclusions, using tools and techniques appropriate to mechatronic engineering technology;
- Design solutions for broadly-defined mechatronic engineering technology problems, and to design systems, components or processes to meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, as well as cultural, societal, environmental and sustainability concerns;
- Plan and conduct experimental investigations of broadly-defined problems in mechatronic engineering technology, using data from relevant sources;