School of Science and Technology
Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) in Multimedia Systems
- Ability to function effectively as an individual and in a team with the ability to lead and manage.
- Posses good understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities and in upholding them.
- Understand the social, cultural and environmental responsibilities of a professional in the multimedia industry and to apply the principles and technology into practice for sustainable development.
- Recognise the need for life-long learning, and possessing the capacity to do so.
The following are examples of career possibilities that students can expect upon graduation.
- Web Designer
- Multimedia Designer
- Editorial/Design executive in Online Publishing
- Animation/Graphics Artist
The Multimedia industry is growing and professionals in this field are highly sought after by publishing houses, academic institutions, retailers, entertainment industry, gaming industry, professional training consultancies, software development houses and video conferencing service providers.
This programme gives graduates the technical knowledge to design websites, computer games, graphics and animation to become multimedia specialists.
Programme Learning Outcomes
- Posses a high level of technical competency in, and the ability to apply the knowledge and principles of multimedia design
- Ability to use modern multimedia design technologies, techniques and hardware/software resources.
- Posses the knowledge and skill, and the ability to use systematic approach, in problem identification, formulation and implementation of solutions in large corporate and in research.
- Ability to communicate effectively, not only within the multimedia and e-commerce community but also with society at large, and also able to work in an international environment.