School of Science and Technology
Bachelor of Technology (Hons) in Information Systems
Information systems combine information technology with people's activities to support operations, management and decision-making in an organisation. This programme will produce graduates with expertise in software development, business analysis and software quality assurance who understand business processes and can apply it to software development. This programme aims to produce graduates who are able to present creative and innovative solutions to technical and business problems using state-of-the art IT tools and methodology.
- Posses a high level of technical competency in, and the ability to apply the knowledge and principles of software development into Information System (IS) projects.
- Ability to use modern software design and development technologies, techniques and hardware/software resources for IS applications.
- Posses the knowledge and skill, and the ability to use systematic approach, in problem identification, formulation and implementation of IS solutions in businesses and in research.
- Ability to communicate effectively, not only within the Information Technology (IT) community but also with society at large, and also able to work in an international environment.
- Ability to function effectively as an individual and in a team with the ability to lead and manage.
- Ability to implement and maintain a safe and healthy work environment under his charge.
- Possess good understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities and in upholding them.
- Understand the social, cultural and environmental responsibilities of a professional in the IT industry and to apply the principles and technology into practice for sustainable development.
- Recognise the need for life-long learning, and possessing the capacity to do so.
The following are examples of career possibilities upon graduation from this program.
- Application Developer
- Web Developer
- Software Engineer & Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Software Business Entrepreneurs
- Research & Development (R&D) Engineer & Manager
- Sales & Marketing Executives in software industry
- Technical Support Executive in software industry
- Business Process Re-engineering & Information System Consultant