School of Education, Languages and Communications
Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in English Studies
Graduates can find employment as teachers in private schools, lecturers in higher learning private institutions, journalists, editors, copywriters, translators, writers in publishing houses and other vocations related to the use of English language. Graduates who aspire to pursue their knowledge in the field of English studies would be able to further their professional and academic qualifications.
This programme aims to meet market needs for students who are competent and proficient in the English language. This programme also equips graduates with the overall understanding and knowledge in the field of English Studies. Upon completion of the programme, graduates should be able to:
- apply critical and linguistic skills to read, discuss and write on literary and non-literary texts.
- utilise their thinking skills to analyse, intrepret, and create literary texts.
- communicate ideas, information and arguments in a manner which is relevant, focused, effective and clear in the English language.
- utilise effective oral and written skills in negotiation and persuasion.
- apply research methodology efficiently.
- evaluate appropriate research sources to incorporate them into well-documented formal writing.
- engage in continuous lifelong learning to update and expand their knowledge.
- uphold professional codes of ethics and high conduct at all times.